Consultant for School 16, Rochester City School District, Rochester, NY. September, 2018 – February, 2019. Marcia served as a budget delegate for Participatory Budgeting Rochester which was under the supervision of the Rochester Monroe Anti-Poverty Initiative.
(See Full Recommendation)
- Marcia collaborated with school leaders, art and music teachers, and project partners to develop programming in character education, service-learning, and the arts for elementary school students.
- Project title: “RCSD School 16 Builds Community in the 19th Ward”
- Funds would have come from an Empire State grant.
- Vetted projects were voted upon by Monroe County (NY) residents. Projects that won focused on housing for the homeless and food for the poor.
Marcia served as a program evaluation consultant for The Commission Project, Rochester, NY. 2005-2008.
- Marcia conducted a study investigating the effectiveness of 2 TCP core programs, including review of TCP goals, exploration of literature pertaining to creativity, and program assessment, identification of program outcomes and student achievement goals, survey development and administration, rehearsal and concert observations.
- Participants in the 2005-06 Composer-in-Residence Programs included three Rochester, NY region school districts, with four collaborating music teachers and four composers servicing 236 students between ages 9 and 18.
- Participants in the 2005-06 Blues in Schools Program included two schools in the Rochester City School District with five teachers working in four classrooms of children ages 9 – 10. One teaching artist worked with all students.
- Discussed data, findings, and recommendations in:
“A Program Evaluation Report for The Commission Project of the 2005-06 Composer-in-Residence and Blues in Schools Programs”.